Friday, June 22, 2012

Sheets as backdrops

I have this obsession.  At least I think it is an obsession.  I LOVE to add back drops to my dramatic play center.  Each year I seem to add a new on.  This is my newest one (Fifth).  I added it this year for our "God's Superhero"  Unit.  They kids just love it.  It just give a backdrop to their play.  This one cost $6.  I bought a black flat twin  sheet from Wal-mart.  It took me about three hours one night to paint this one.  I used white, gray, and yellow acrylic paint. 


 My Fourth one was a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom coconut tree.  I actually use that one flat on the ground and the kids either use letter vests to "be" the letters or they use it as a goal for throwing alphabet bean bags.  It is a lot of fun but I can't seem to find a picture of it.  This was my third one to make.  It is the back drop for my week on endangered animals and dinosaurs.  I have a set of Dinosaur masks that I printed from Sparkle box.  I love to watch them with this one.  This one took about a week to do because I used so many colors.  It was super fun.  In the summer I bring them home and my kids put on plays. 
This was my very two. My daughter had a princess birthday party.  We used the  "castle" as a place where the kids could go in and build castles of their own.  The dragon allowed the boys to have  a blast fighting the dragon without hitting each other with the swords.  I can't wait to see what else I come up with this summer.  I have been toying with the inside of  a fire station for fire safety week.  Maybe I will do a fire place with Christmas tree this year.  What do you think I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment